Sunday, August 9

Sweet Corn

Iowa sweet corn is one of my weaknesses! I have loved it since a child & even recall loosing a tooth while eating a piece. Oh the memories!!

Although this child is probably not eating peaches and cream Iowa sweet corn, she is so happy!
I haven't taken a picture of myself eating corn and thought this girl was too gorgeous to not post about.

So, with that said, I am going to give you my one sweet corn tip.


Put a little bit of sugar in your boiling water before you add your corn.

I learned this from The New Best Recipe Cookbook, which has become my cooking bible.
If I know the corn is good, meaning I bought it directly from the farmer, I will add about a teaspoon to a tablespoon. If I bought it from the grocery store I will add a 1-2 tablespoons.

Give it a whirl. I have yet to have bad corn this year.

I believe sweet corn goes best with a BLT.
Save yourself some time, money and your house smelling like bacon for days and buy the pre-made stuff.

(One time we made bacon in our apartment and my husband had to take a shower in the middle of the night because he could still smell bacon on himself)

I know, I know you are buying bacon in a box, it bugged me at first too. But, it tastes fine and is so easy, we use Oscar Meyer.


Grab a gorgeous tomato from a farmer, your garden or the produce man at the store and enjoy!

Cheers to BLTs and SWEET Iowa sweet corn.

Eat Well & Live Well.

Thats all for this post for this Wanna-Be-Chef.

Loves!

1 comment:

  1. yummy!!! I just bought tons of corn at the market yesterday to make and freeze to eat its yumminess through the winter. Thanks for the tips...I did not know that. I am also impressed with your greenbean casserole tutorial. I am all over that this thanksgiving; more fresh and less canned. :)

    ReplyDelete