Monday, July 27

Back Then......

First of all these are all backwards- I will figure out how to load them in the correct order for next time.

This past weekend we went to Living History Farms while we had family in town. It was a lot of fun and I loved going around seeing how "cooking" would have been back then.

So, here is a post dedicated to what my cooking life would have been like "back then"

Much different from my KitchenAid! I did use one like this that was my Grandma's during college though.

I would have had chickens- I do wish this part was true. I would have been sad when I killed them and cooked them though.

I would dry my own spices and store them in this deal.

I could rely on cookbooks- in the 1900s

Nothing bad about home grown tomatoes!!

Not so sure about keeping eggs in the cabinet.....

I would have to make someone else do this job. Could you imagine turning this with your hand?!! Makes me quite thankful for my automatic one :D

I could handle this.

I remember in third-grade we churned our own butter at school and it was so fun. I am a bit to comfortable with just going to the fridge to get butter today.

My stove would have looked like this if I was a lady in the 1900s. However... I am sure I would have been dressed a little more covered.

Now we go way back to 1700s- 1800s didn't get uploaded.
My tools would have been scarce! I

Food would be cooked over an open fire. I would have probably caught myself on fire. Back then they dried all of their food so they always made soups to rehydrate it.
So, needless to say I am happy to live now :D I would love to go back and live for a few days though. I will be posting within the next few days a really great dinner that Brian and I had!

Please just leave a quick comment to just let me know that I have readers. Thanks!!!

4 comments:

  1. great pics, and so fun seeing you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN! Yeah, you definitely don't belong back there, I think you would be really sad without your knives. Oh, and they don't refrigerate their eggs here. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make me appreciate my teeny tiny kitchen...Thanks!
    p.s. do you think we could have made puffy taco shells back in the day? I hope so...They are good....Darn good

    ReplyDelete
  4. # 1 Fan here - reporting in.

    ReplyDelete